Carla Greenbaum, M.D.
Type 1 Diabetes TrialNet Principal Investigator and Vice Chair
Benaroya Research Institute
- Director, Diabetes Program, Clinical Research Center, and Diabetes Clinical Research Unit, Benaroya Research Institute, Seattle, WA
- Director, North American Network, Type 1 Diabetes Genetics Consortium
Dr. Greenbaum is a leader in clinical investigations and trials to prevent or intervene with the diabetes autoimmune process. She is well known as an expert in designing research protocols for children with diabetes. At Benaroya Research Institute, Dr. Greenbaum serves as a member of the Institutional Review Board, Management Advisory Committee, Clinical Research Advisory Group, and Clinical Research Steering Committee.
- Type 1 diabetes genetics
- Autoantibodies and the disease process of type 1 diabetes
- Recent onset type 1 diabetic subjects and antibody positive relatives
- Biomarkers and surrogate endpoints
Dr. Greenbaum received her medical degree at Brown University and completed a fellowship in research endocrinology at the University of Washington.
Dr. Greenbaum is a member of the Board of Directors of the Diabetes Vaccine Development Center (Australia) and the Clinical Affairs Advisory Committee for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. She serves on the Clinical Trials Advisory Group and Scientific Review Committee of the NIH sponsored Immune Tolerance Network. She also serves as Secretary of the international Immunology of Diabetes Society. She has authored numerous scientific publications, abstracts, editorials and reviews, and is a frequent speaker at national and international meetings and conferences.
To schedule an interview
Please contact Marilyn Reeve at 206-515-5232 or email@example.com.