Jennifer B. Marks, M.D.
Type 1 Diabetes TrialNet Principal Investigator
University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine
- Professor of Medicine, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- Interim Chief, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- Section Chief, Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Medical Director, Miami Veterans Administration Medical Center
- Principal Investigator, national Veterans Administration diabetes study "Glycemic Control and Complications in Diabetes - Type 2"
Dr. Marks is an endocrinologist/diabetologist at the University of Miami, where she sees patients, teaches, and conducts clinical research in several areas of diabetes, including prevention, treatment, and prevention of complications. Before taking the helm at Clinical Diabetes, she served two consecutive terms on its editorial board. Her experience with diabetes care began as a nurse practitioner; an experience that she believes enhances her clinical practice today.
- Complications of diabetes
- Prevention of diabetes
- Dysmetabolic syndrome, obesity
Dr. Marks earned a B.S. in Nursing from the University of Southern Maine and completed requirements as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner at the University of Miami. She received her medical degree and completed a residency in Internal Medicine and a fellowship in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism at the University of Miami School of Medicine
Dr. Marks is board certified in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. She is a fellow of the American College of Physicians (FACP) and the American College of Endocrinology (FACE). She is also a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE).
To schedule an interview
Please contact Irene Santiago at 305-243-6433 or firstname.lastname@example.org