Antoinette Moran, M.D.
Type 1 Diabetes TrialNet Regional Principal Investigator
University of Minnesota
- Professor of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota
- Director, Pediatric Diabetes Program, University of Minnesota
- Director, Pediatric Endocrinology Fellowship Program, University of Minnesota
- Division Chief, Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, University of Minnesota
- Director, Metabolic Core, Islet Transplantation Program, University of Minnesota
The recipient of a long list of research grants and awards, Dr. Moran is currently participating in several clinical trials to prevent or delay the onset of type 1 diabetes. At the Department of Surgery at University of Minnesota, she co-directs the assessment of metabolic endpoints to improve the efficacy of islet transplantation in type 1 diabetes. Dr. Moran has served as an experienced reviewer of many NIH clinical trials and also contributes her time and expertise to the work of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and the Lawson Wilkins Pediatric Endocrine Society.
- Pediatric diabetes
- Cystic Fibrosis-Related Diabetes (CFRD), especially insulin therapy to improve weight and muscle mass in CF patients with borderline diabetes, the use of different types of insulin in CFRD, and evaluating diabetes complications in this population
Dr. Moran received her medical degree from the University of Minnesota Medical School. She completed her residency and fellowship at the University of Minnesota Hospital.
A highly published author on the topic of diabetes complications, Dr. Moran is also an active speaker at both national and international conferences and meetings. She has received the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation Fellowship Award, the University Children's Foundation Research Scholar Award and the Alexander Charles Jundt Research Award. Dr. Moran is Board certified in Pediatric Endocrinology.
To schedule an interview
Please contact Doreen Bower at 612-624-5409 or email@example.com.