Jay Sosenko, M.D.
Type 1 Diabetes TrialNet Associate Chair for Epidemiology and Ethics
University of Miami
- Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics and Assistant Provost for Research Standards,
- University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine,
- Associate Chair for Ethics and Epidemiology, Type 1 Diabetes TrialNet, Diabetes Research Institute
Dr. Sosenko was the primary author of a paper that was the first to show an association of diabetic sensory neuropathy with height. In addition to serving many years as Director of the Clinical Skills Course at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, he also served ten years as Chair of their medical Internal Review Board.
- The epidemiology of diabetic neuropathy
- Complications of diabetes
Dr. Sosenko received a medical degree from the Temple University School of Medicine and a M.S. in epidemiology from the Harvard School of Public Health. He performed his residency in Internal Medicine at UCLA Hospital, Los Angeles, and completed his fellowship in Adolescent Medicine at Children's Hospital Medical Center in Boston.
Dr. Sosenko has been a speaker at national meetings and has contributed to a number of manuscripts for various journals. He has also served on expert committees to develop policies for the assessment and treatment of diabetic neuropathy.
To schedule an interview
Please contact Nicole Timmons at 305-243-6146 or email@example.com.